How to Prepare and Get Ready For the VIP Event Day
This will be a one day sales event, and most likely on a first come first served basis. I can imagine lining up well in advance. So you must be well prepared.
This is how you must get ready if you want a good buy:
- Get your deposit money lined up. For now, assume that around 15% to 20% deposit will be required in the 1st year, and 5% within the first 30 days.
- Based on you funds, calculate your target price range. So if you have $60K to invest in the first year, your target price range will be around $300K to $400K. You will be able to refine this once you get the info pack.
- Line up you mortgage preapproval. You will have to provide a mortgage preapproval within 10 days of signing the Sales (the cooling off period) and Purchase Agreement. So talk with your mortgage provider and get that started. Call me if you need help.
- Choose your top 3 or 4 choices and complete a Worksheet, which I provide to you, showing your preferences. You must get that Worksheet back to me quickly.
- On the day of the sales event be sure to bring 2 government IDs and your cheque book. You will need to write post-dated cheques for the deposits, but these will not be cashed until after the 10 day cooling off period.
- Due to our preparation, a good number of you will be buying in parallel, served by a team of sales centre staff. Preparation ahead is paramount to your success.
- If you or the actual buyer cannot attend the sales event, we shall need to prepare a Power of Attorney ahead of time. This may take more time if your buyer is out of country. Call me if this is your situation.